MILK!

If I put a gallon of whole milk in the freezer today, how long does it stay good for? The exp. date on it is the 21st...So how long can I leave it in the freezer, and once I take it out, how long is it good for? Thanks!!

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 12:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Yes you can! We always buy 2 or 3 and freeze all but 1. We put one in the freezer right away so I'm not sure about yours, but ours lasts at least a week after its unfroze. This saves us trips to the store!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i think the milk jug will bust for one, another thing is when you thaw it out after you take it out, it will turn like water. i have froze milk once and it was no good for me to do it again.. sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Our milk jug does not bust. We buy 2% and its never watery once it thaws.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I always made sure we poured a little out to allow for expansion when freezing, it never tasted bad afterwards and saved me huge when there were sales on milk, it can last for up to 3 months in the freezer and it takes about half a day to thaw in the fridge you have to shake it up a little before using.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• really you can freeze milk???? i would have loved to have known this! when milk was on sale.. we get 1 % any diffrence? if you open it to let some out to freeze it will that make it go bad? sorry i know this is your post but great post and now i wanna know everything lol. that would save me time and money. i never would have thought about it.. huh... intresting..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• lol ^-^ Thanks for all of the responses ladies!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 19, 2009