Morning After Pill adult content

If your 15 year old called you at work and told you she needed to get the morning after pill how would you handle this? Would this be any different if she called you and asked you to stop and get her condoms on the way home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I worry about the effects of the morning after pill so I would much rather by condoms to keep kids safe. I do buy my oldest condoms and she is on bc so hopefully the morning after pill will never be an issue. Knock on wood.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I would say okay and then we would make her an appt with a gyno and have a very long talk about it all when I got home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• your child was raped?
    or
    had a failed contraception incident?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• we would probably get it, and then we would be getting some birth control and having a serious talk about what is going on with her
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I would be leaving work, and going to the doctor, and finding out exactly what happened.
    I would purchase it for her if I needed to.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Depends on whether I was wanting to raise my grandchild or not. Personally, I would probably get it for her and then take her to the Dr. and get her on a more consistant and reliable form of birth control. I don't look at that as me giving permission as much as I look at it as 'this is already happening without my approval', so, yeah - cover my bases.

Morning after pill is only a very strong dose of birth control. It is not an abortion pill. If the woman is already pregnant and implantation has already happened, it will not do anything.

So, first I would ask when unprotected sex happened, and then determine from there whether I was going to buy it. If it was beyond 72 hours (time frame the drug makers consider it effective), then we would take the wait and see approach until she had another cycle and then I would get her to the GYN to get reliable BC.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I suppose I would purchase the medication if it came down to that, but I'm hoping I will have been more proactive than that by the time my daughter is a teenager. I'll take her to the gynecologist an get her on birth control if sexual activity at a young age is the path she decides she wants to take, although I'll encourage her to wait for someone she really loves instead of giving herself to the first boy who gets a hard-on for her. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• l don't know what I do .....I have boy but I think I would give the talk and take her to the GYN for bc but like QuinnMae said if it is more then 72 hours it will not be effective
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 4:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I'd go pick it up. I would also go pick up condoms if she needed them. Not that she does yet. My 15 year old isn't even dating yet. I keep a supply of condoms in the bathroom, all she needs to say is that it needs re-stocked.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• In many states, she doesn't need your permission or a prescription to get it. She can go to a pharmacy and get the pill.

I would take her and get it. If she is already pregnant, the pill does nothing. If she's not pregnant, it will keep her from getting pregnant. Then we'd be having a very long and detailed talk about her behavior. I would also take my niece.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 9, 2013