So apparently I have a portal to another dimension somewhere in my house

Last night my husband mentioned that he had not seen our cat Weasley for a few days,and it dawned on me,I had not seen him since last Friday!
He's old,so he spends alot of time sleeping under my bed,and he comes out at night to eat and poo,so not seeing him is not a strange occurrence.
We started calling his name,and searching for him. After looking in all the usual places,I started looking EVERYWHERE. I tore apart closets,opened cupboards,drawers. No cat upstairs.
My husband looked in the basement. There's nowhere to hide down there. All there is down there is alot of open space,the furnace,water heater,and the washer and dryer.
We figured,great. he must have gotten out somehow (no idea how)
I said I guess I'm calling the Humane Society tomorrow to see if anyone found him.
A few hours later,DH went to get some milk and heard scratching at the kitchen door,and there Weasley was!
I guess he has a new skill now. Opening a latched outer door,which is impossible.Either that or he can render himself invisible,or we have the time portal theory.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Pets

• This is Huey.  He weighs 23 lbs.  I live in a 600 sq. ft. 4th floor apartment.  I "lost" him for almost a full day.  Looked everywhere.  When I went to bed, he walked in from the front room like nothing was going on.  I still have no idea where he was.

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• If you find it, throw a tennis ball in, and see if it pops up somewhere else covered with kleenex and baby food.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• i have one of those too, it's also where all the toys and socks go.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• We found our "portal" was actually on top of the towels in the bathroom closet, lol! How did I figure this out? I towelled off after a shower and looked like I had just put on a fur coat! YUCK!!!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Maybe your cat had help from the visitors that like to knock on your doors.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• LOL! Amazing! I'm glad both cats were found.

Answer by Bmat at 8:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Yup, mine disappears all the time too! We discovered a small hole in my brothers box spring in his bed, and that's where the cat goes to hide from all the noisy children!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Lol! Time portal sounds cool, I'd definitely stick with that theory.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:54 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• When I was a little kid, my BFF went to visit her grandparents in Erie, PA. (we are in Eastern PA). They took the cat, Midgie, and she got out and ran away. About a year and a half later that cat showed up at their front door!!!
    It looked sickly and flea ridden and possibly rabid, so they never let her in, but they took care of her as a outside cat.

I'm not sure the moral of the story, but it was an awesome cat story I wanted to share.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Our cat used to disappear like that, and eventually found that he wiggled his way between the open master bathroom door and the wall, without moving the door at all so there was no way to se that anything was behind it. Sneaky critters!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2013