Diluting juice

Do i need to water down gerber juice even though it is made for babys?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 12:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would... atleast for a little while. Try half and half for a day or two, then gradually decrease the amount of water.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:28 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yes!!!1
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i would just incase.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My pedi said not to dilute juice and not to give juice as a daily drink. She told me to give juice occasionally like for example at a birthday party. And just a few sips of it. Juice is kinda like soda is to us. I personally am not going to give my baby juice as a daily drink. But if your going to offer juice then should check the sugar content on the gerber juice and decide if you want to dilute it. The sugar is the reason why mother's dilute the juice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i had this discussion with my son's Ped and i asked him.. if juice was required and he said no.. he said that just because a product is on the market doesnt mean you have to give it to your child.. i said good, cause i dont want to. My son gets 6 ounces of plain water and formula, breastmilk and thats it..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:39 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes. But your baby is too young.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My mom diluted our juice until we were at least 5. I dilute my juice when I drink it now, because that just tastes better to me. But, there's really no harm in diluting juice even if you don't need to. As another mommy mentioned, make sure water is still the primary drink because children get addicted to that stuff
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I've got a 15 month old and he still has never had juice. Why give the baby juice?? What is your motivation? Water is what you need to give a baby.... that and your breast milk or formula...
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My pedi said not to dilute it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 1:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2009