Is a c-section easier the second time around?

I had my first daughter(2 yrs old) by emegency c-section. My husband and I are planning to have another child in another year or so, but I am just curious to see if anyone thought it was easier to deal with after #2. I'm so anxious and nervous about ever going through that again, but then again I know what to expect. Please don't ask me why I would need another c-section or anything about v-bacs. I would need a c-section. Thanks ladies.

MandyT1021

Asked by MandyT1021 at 12:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No. And I wished I'd done a vbac. Multiple csections are risky. I lost my 3rd baby to uterine rupture.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No personal experience (my daughter was born by VBAC), but 2 of my close friends had repeat c-sections. One almost died on the table and was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks and took forever to heal. The other said her 2nd was a lot worse than her 1st and she had to have help with her children for 6 weeks, instead of 2 weeks like she did with her 1st.

Sorry you need another c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Wow, sounds like some horrible experiences. I know multiple c-sections are risky, but I would only have one more and then done. Sorry for your loss.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 12:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I just asked my sister in law, she said "HELL YES" I also know my girlfriend had two and said the second time around was much easier. She said it is "like heaven second time around" Not sure if I can really relate any surgery being like surgery, but that is my sister in law for you :)
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:48 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Meant to say surgery being like heaven...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I had my third in 2007 and almost bled to death afterward. I am now pregnant again and weighing the vba3c option. It truly would be safer for me. Best of luck and I am so sorry you have to have another. I had a migraine for 3 days after my second one.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• The more you have, the more dangerous they become. The first time all of your organs are where they should be, but they shift after the c-sections, you can literally have your bowels wrapped around organs. It's risky, but if that's really your only option, I pray it goes well
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• no personal expeirance but a friend of mine has had 5 c-section and she says yes it get easier. and as for every one worning yoou about multipul c-section. emergency c-sections are not the same and alot of people can't have a vbac when they had an emergency c-section
    Alyndria

Answer by Alyndria at 9:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2009