Unique or creative studying techniques?

I'm currently studying for my FINAL exam to be certified.

I have flash cards, hand written notes, typed notes, but I was wondering if anyone had maybe a "hands-on" or creative study tip. I was thinking about making a poster board of each chapter/section (there'd be about 10).. I'm struggling with just a few parts, but I thought this would help me more with the overall view.. I passed the practice exam with an 80% and plan on taking the real one either tomorrow or Friday :) I've been waiting forever for this (or so it seems, haha)

Thanks for ideas. Sorry I wasn't sure what category to put this under so I went with work since this certificate will better my career and give me more credentials :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• I always tried to see a chart in my head how topics flowed from the main topics/ideas of a chapter. Don't know if that will help at all. But really the main reason I am responding is to wish you good luck!! And make sure you get a good night's sleep the night before. If you don't know the material by then staying up late will not help. Fingers crossed for you.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 11:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Thank you so much, that is what I'm doing right now is creating charts and printing to put one big one together :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Also, try not to over study. I found that this was as detrimental as not studying enough. At some point you have to come to the conclusion that you have absorbed and understood as much as is possible. Focus on the few areas that you feel need a bit more help and then just go into the test with confidence.

Good luck!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Thanks yes I have heard that before, I just normally don't do good with test in general.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• My kids are tactile learners (learn by doing rather than seeing, hearing or reading), so I've gotten pretty creative with how to teach. Try studying while doing some kind of physical activity - tapping a pencil, jiggling your foot, jumping jacks or push ups with your notes/flashcards in front of your face. If there's anything you're studying that you could turn into some kind of a project (it's not what you're doing, but as an example we make a diorama of a coral reef during an oceanography lesson), do that. If there's stuff to read, read it to someone else, or have them read it to you. Study the stuff you have the most trouble remembering right before you go to sleep - I've read somewhere that sleeping after studying can help you retain that knowledge.

And if all else fails, fine point sharpie and long sleeves. lmao
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Good luck to you. Go into the test with a relaxed attitude, and take a few deep breaths if you start to get the jitters. Your calm outlook will do as much for you as any last minute studying.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2013