cant have sex cause it hurts iud

i had my son 11 months ago then i got and iud and i cant have sex cause it hurts and my bf says it cuts him im worried is it the iud you my c section

teenagemom918

Asked by teenagemom918 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• The IUD may be misplaced inside....... meaning it is placed too low in your cervix, or may be tilted. It should NOT hurt you or your DH. You need to get back in to your Gyno and have it checked out!!! I have had my IUD for over 2 years now and my DH doesn't even feel it, and neither do I. You need to have it checked!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 12:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yeah sounds like you should get it checked out by your DR. My husband sometimes complains that mine pokes him, but it doesn't really hurt him or me
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• sounds like you need your strings trimmed. If they are too long they poke pretty bad. Go back to the doc and see if he can trim them up a bit.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2009