Do you feel it is better to make casseroles (lasagna or chicken/broccoli, for example), cook them and then freeze for later? OR prepare the food, freeze it and then cook it right before it is eaten?

Novicechef

Asked by Novicechef at 12:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I prefer recipes I can freeze and then cook. They just tend to be easier. But I have done a few where you cook some of it before freezing. It would honestly depend on what it is you're making, IMO. Some ingredients you don't want to let sit too long with others while raw, some may not freeze/reheat well, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I make it then freeze it. I cook it later when. Ready to eat it.

Answer by louise2 at 1:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I've always cooked first- then frozen
    *not that I do it very often
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I usually cook first, then freeze. The exception is if the dish has potatoes in it, which don't freeze and thaw well after they're cooked, in my opinion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Mostly cook first .I really tend to make a double recipe of something on purpose for dinner then freeze it for later.I seldom fix anything just to freeze unless it is a double batch.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2013