Can you speak any other languages?

i can speak a little german, spanish and a teeny bit of italian. definitely not fluently though :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I can speak enough German to get around a German town. I can also speak a few words/phrases in Spanish, Italian, and Russian.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• A little Spanish
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• A teeny bit of Italian, enough to order dinner and the usual pleasantries. It seems as soon as I moved back to the states the language left my brain.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• just sarcasm

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• lol cassie- i was really proficient in spanish in high school. i always got a's and took the advanced courses. but as soon as i graduated, apparently i left what i learned behind.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• english and maybe a random word here or there of another- but not enough of anything else to actually say a sentence or anything
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Enough French to get by... but most of what I learned has been forgotten.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I could put together a really sloppy sentence in Spanish if I had to. I can understand more than I can speak, but I know some. Wouldn't call myself fluent though.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• My grandparents and my dad and his siblings grew up speaking both Spanish and English. There was a time I could carry on a pretty decent conversation in Spanish, but when I was in school in the seventies and eighties, those of us who could "pass for white" were encouraged to do so. I took some high school Spanish, but I've been away from it for a while and gotten rusty. I can still read it, and I know enough to eavesdrop on conversations that are going on around me, but I can't think fast enough to put the words together and spit out timely, well thought out replies.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Oh, except I can tell you all about car engines and their troubles in Spanish. *Smile.* I use to translate for my landlord, who had an auto shop, when people would bring their car in and there were no English-speaking mechanics. I got pretty good at naming off parts while the mechanic pointed them out on the engines. It's been twenty years, though, so I've probably forgotten that, too. I got to interpret for a woman who was in labor once at the hospital, before a Spanish-speaking nurse was located, and that was kind of exciting. But she was in hard labor, so pretty much all she said was, "I don't want to! I changed my mind! I don't want to have a baby anymore!"
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2013