Minivan or SUV???

Thinking about trading in my sedan for a more mom-friendly car. But the tough question is do I go for a minivan or an SUV??? Any recommendations on which style?? I am looking for safety and space and not a total gas hog. BTW - We only have 2 kiddos.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• Minivans drive more like cars. SUVs drive more like trucks. Given a choice I would choose a minivan, but with 5 growing kids my Excursion has more room than a minivan.

Answer by missanc at 3:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• We just bought a cross over, Chevy Equinox! LOVE it!!! Great price & Great gas mileage.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I have a Honda pilot and love it!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• We have a Honda Odyssey and used to have a Toyota 4Runner. The van is definitely a lot more comfortable and can haul a lot more. Both got about the same gas mileage.

I personally prefer my sedan.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Are you done having kids. To me that is the question. A small SUV is good for just 2kids. But if you plan on having more, I would go with a minivan.

Answer by louise2 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I love my 2010 Chrysler Town & Country. Plenty of seating, stow & go storage, climate control for the back seat passengers & the side windows go down too. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• minivans are awesome when you have to have friends over, or take an extra couple of people.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I am for an SUV if you have bad weather in the winter and don't feel like being a slave to a huge car pool. My jeep kicks butt on the roads in the winter and I have room for two kids plus mine and that is plenty.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I drive a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan All Wheel Drive. Depending on what kind of driving I do I can get between 250 and 300+ miles to a tank. It's a 16-17 gallon tank. I'd ahve to go look, but it averages out to about 17-19 mpg
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I'd go minivan simply because SUV's tend to roll over rather easily. A point my daughters driver's education teacher clearly made.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2013