Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My daughter brought to my attention about 4 days ago that her father (biological) has been touching her in inappropriate ways for a little over 3 yrs now.

Apparently, there was no penetration (thank God for small favors) but inappropriate enough for her to finally say something. Do I make her go to counseling? She is 13yrs old and is pissed that I made an apt for a counselor for her. Please help guide me in the right direction.....

Answer Question

Asked by PatienceP at 4:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Parenting Debate

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (27)
  • How about making an appointment to bring her to an Gynecologist to really get checked. Maybe there is something else she isn't telling you. Then call the POLICE!!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • Agree with Paulie. Doctor, police, counseling.

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • banging head into wall


    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • So you are just going to do nothing and keep allowing her to go an visit him?
    Counseling is my second call.

    Answer by Dardenella at 4:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • Doctor first. Full checkup. Police next. Then counseling. And yes, make her go. The two of you can't deal with this on your own.

    Answer by Ballad at 4:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • So Miss Patience poster,
    Is this the man you are married to? Are you divorced, has this been happening on visits? I can't for the life of me imagine why you left so little information in your question. Do you have other children with him, why have you not called the police? You never had one inkling in the past 3 years that he was a creep.
    I would assume you are livid, and I assume that you have got in touch with a lawyer to help you cease all visitation?

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • And which police department did you call??

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2013


    And yes, counseling after that. But COPS FIRST.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • like everyone said doc ,police and then counseling and don't let her go there

    Answer by tigger3itch at 4:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • WTF??? POLICE NOWWWWWWW, then her Doctor... THEN counceling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.