Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Does anyone know ?

In our state there is something called Ohio Works First- Child Only benefit (through job and family services and our income does not factor in) for children who live with relatives receive a check. (as long as neither parent lives at home)

But does anyone know if they get that check on top of child support or not?

I do not want to apply if child support factors in, but we could sure use the help if you can get it on top of th emeasley support payment we get ever so often..


Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • If it is the same as a Tanf check, and the amount in child support is less than the income limit for the cash assistance program, they may still be able to receive a check. Call to see if this is the same in your state.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

  • I never heard of it, but your best bet would be to call your county government. If someone there doesn't know, you should be guided to the right place.

    Answer by Ballad at 6:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • Check with Jobs & Family Services or your case worker. My guess would be that it's a source of income they would consider, depending on the payment history.

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • I would call and ask.

    Answer by Dardenella at 7:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

  • thanks

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2013