If a guy's facebook says he's in a relationship

but he's trying to ask you out for drinks, red flag? he asked me if i was single and i said yes, are you? and he didn't answer me, he just said it's been a long time, because we havent seen eachother in about 5 years. it doesn't say who he's in a relationship with, so maybe they broke up and deleted eachother as friends and he hasn't changed his status? id really like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but i don't know........i just came out of a horrible relationship and im ready to start dating again but i want to find a good guy this time. the last thing i need is another cheater.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• Ask him.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Be honest and ask him. Say that you noticed that his status says in a relationship and you just want to be open about everything. If he hmm's and haa's then you should probably just skip it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Ask him flat out. However, if it were me, I'd be steering clear.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Red Flag.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• If he doesn't answer you, then I would avoid him!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Ask him straight out. I swear, it's stuff like this that makes me wish FB was never invented.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• "he asked me if i was single and i said yes, are you? and he didn't answer me, "

That is a WALK AWAY sign.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• This is a no brainer
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I tend to think that if it says he's in a relationship, he's in one. You could ask him, but here's the thing: if he says no, do you really trust his word to you more than what he put out there for all his friends and family to see? My rule is usually that if there are any indications that he's in a relationship (whether it's a Facebook status, a ring on that finger, a woman's clothes in his closet, or whatever), I assume he's in a relationship and avoid him.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• He already answered you by not answering the question. So do not get involved.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2013