Dinner Inspiration for Tomorrow

I need to use up seven or eight small potatoes. I can't think of anything to make with them for tomorrow night. I have boneless chicken thighs, hamburger, a couple of pork chops, and tuna. I have a little bit of Cheddar cheese, no eggs. I have canned junk--cream of mushroom soup, turkey gravy, odds and ends. Frozen peas,green beans. An envelope of onion soup mix. Just not a lot to work with. Can any of you amazing chefs help me out?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Rinse and place boneless chicken thighs in baking dish, mix onion mix and cream of mushroom soup in separate bowl, pour over chicken and bake at 350, covered for 45 mins-1 hour.
    Slice the potatoes, layer with cheese, onion and bacon bits, if you have them. Place in casserole dish, cover and bake with chicken.
    Be sure to salt and pepper potatoes.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I would put the pork chops or thighs in the crock pot with the mushroom soup, onion soup, potatoes,. Maybe a little water to cut the salt down. I think I used to make a variation of it and added carrots and packet gravy.

If you don't have a crock pot you can simmer the pork chops in the soups and make cheesy mashed potatoes.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Meatloaf (hamburger, onion soup mix, a squirt of ketchup and bread crumbs)
    Fried potatoes with salt n pepper
    Peas
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Brown the hamburger. Chunk the potatoes. Mix or layer those and green beans in a casserole dish. Mix the cream of crap with a little milk or water, plus any seasonings you want (or even onion soup mix), and pour over. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake until potatoes are tender. Kind of like tater tot casserole. Could serve veggies on the side too instead of mixed in.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• You could maybe make a Shepherd's pie, too!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I was thinking kind of a hamburger hash .Cook and season the ground beef .Dice the potatoes and some onions add a bit of garlic if you like it and cook till soft ,throw in the meat and the peas and cook together a little longer.If you wanted you could add the soup but I like using the soup with the chicken for another meal.If you get some rice my grandmother made a chicken with soup and rice baked casserole that was pure comfort food.Brown the chicken ,put in a casserole ,mix the rice ,soup and a bit of water ,add,cover with foil and bake in oven.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2013