For the moms that went through birth already

Hey there I jst want to know how was it I know its painfull but how is it does it take a long time is it quick I know every pregnancy is different but I wanna know yalls opinions and can u go home DA same day you have your baby or do you have to stay at the hospital

aimem

Asked by aimem at 11:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• It takes as long as it takes. No two births are alike. Some moms are in and out quickly. Me, 21 hours. Most of it not painful at all.

Expect you will spend one night in the hospital.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Both of mine were C-sections, so I was in the hospital for a couple of days.

Just remember, no matter how uncomfortable or painful it may be, you forget all about it once they put your baby in your arms. :)
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Just remember, no matter how uncomfortable or painful it may be, you forget all about it once they put your baby in your arms. :)

LIES! Believe me, I still remember that shit.

OP-depends on your body and your baby. You won't be able to go home till both you and the baby are cleared, usually 24 hours though it depends on the hospital and your insurance.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• By law, most insurance companies have to cover 48 hours in the hospital for mom and baby after a natural birth and 72 hours after a C-section. Some mothers choose to go home earlier. It depends on how your hospital counts up the time, as well. I had a C-section at ten o'clock in the evening after about twenty hours of labor, and the hospital wanted to count the two hours between ten and midnight as one full day. The doctor nixed that, though, because I was having some bleeding problems and my baby had feeding difficulties and an orthopedic issue going on. If you attend birthing classes at your hospital of choice, you'll have an opportunity to fill out a birth plan that will let you express your wishes about how you hope everything will go, best case scenario.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Oh OK thanks to all of y'all for responding
    aimem

Comment by aimem (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• every person is different. First baby can take a long time. Yep, it hurts which is why I got an epidural and then total relief. I left the hospital the next day.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• First baby I was in the hospital almost a week, second baby just around 48 hours, yeah it hurts. It's fun though.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Like others have said, each birth is different. I got to the hospital around 10:30pm on a Saturday, gave birth at 9:42am the next morning (Sunday) and left the hospital around 5pm that Tuesday. Staying in the hospital 2-3 days is normal but I believe moms who have c-sections stay a couple more days.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Actually, now that I think about it, I left the hospital around noon that Tuesday. They were serving beef stroganoff for lunch and I refused to leave until I ate, haha. My hospital food was actually pretty good! They had a separate, special menu for the maternity ward lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Both labor and delivery only lasted about 10 or less hours and we went home in two days. I have known people that left the hospital after only 24 hours though. All depends on the condition if mom and baby.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 AM on Sep. 5, 2013