Why do you vote up answers

Do you aagree with what is said?

Are you all about the points?

What is your motivation?

I vote up answers I think are good or funny (on the days I vote up) some days I dont have the drive to even vote up.

luvmygrandgirl

Asked by luvmygrandgirl at 12:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Not for points. If it's a goofy question I've asked, I'll sometimes make an effort to vote up anyone so I don't have to deal with someone bitching later about cliques and favorites (anyone else amused by the people who go out of their way to only vote up people they like in every question that's asked all day?). If it's serious, or someone else's question, the ones I think make a good point.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I don't vote up for points or really ask that many questions TBH.
    They could take away the whole point system and I'd be happy!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:12 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• If I agree or if it's hilarious.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• For first reason.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 2:41 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• funny always gets a vote up
    if i agree, and the answer is very wordy and i just do not typing i agree with so and so- i just vote up and move on
    if i ask a question, i usually (sometimes much later, but still usually do ) vote up everyone that take time to comment in my questions, although super trolly ones do not get a vote up (unless super funny)

that is about it

oh, and once in a great while, someone will post - i am so close to homecoming queen, or leveling up, -so i will stalk them and vote them up- but this only lasts about five minutes max, as it gets old and i feel i have done my part for another member
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:27 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• ones that are funny- cute or in some questions that poke the right kind of fun at CM ; )
    ones that give what I consider to be good advice, and usually everyone who answers questions I ask ( most of mine are just for fun ones)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:38 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Usually it is because I agree with at least most of what the person said. I don't have to agree with 100% of their comment, but if the general tone and premise is something I think was well stated and/or something I agree with I'll vote it up. Sometimes I vote up answers that are funny to me. I typically vote up anyone who responds to my questions in a positive way, as a kind of thanks for answering.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Though I do agree that I would do away with the points altogether if I could.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Depends on the day, but usually because I find them:

good
    funny
    original
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I'll vote up if I agree or if it's funny. Or if it's a good point, even if I disagree. Sometimes I will UV instead of answer because something is written much better than I could write.

Don't give a rip about the points.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:52 AM on Sep. 5, 2013