Best Diaper disposal?

Should I buy an actual Diaper pail? If so, which one?
Is there a cheaper alternative to buying an expensive diaper pail that requires specific refills?

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Diaper Geni II, not the original...
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:53 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I was originally going to go with that, but when it comes down to it, I don't want to have to buy those expensive refills...
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 12:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• They are like five bucks a thing and mine lasts about two to three weeks. My sis in laws lasts for 2 weeks and she had two babies in diapers.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 1:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think I have the Diaper Genie II. It is $19.99 at most large stores (i.e. babiesrus). I love it. My son is 3 months old and we've only used two cartriges in it so far. The refills are $5 or so and if you divide that by how long they last (for me about 6 weeks a refill), they're only costing you about $0.83 a week lol. Well worth the money. You can go to yardsales and see if you can get a diaper genie for a cheaper price before going to the store to buy a new one to save money.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I use a diaper genie 2
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Diaper genie 2 but what we do is in my house since we take the trash out almost everyday we only put poop diapers in the genie and all the pee ones in the regular trash. The refills last about twice as long if you do it this way. Also the diaper genie 2 refills are super cheap in bulk at cost so or sams club or on diapers.com.
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 1:18 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Go with the Diaper Champ!!!! It is WAAAAYYYYY better than the diaper genie's. It keeps the smell out way better (which will be really important once baby starts solids), has a much higher capacity AND you use your own bags (i.e. kitchen garbage bags). It is $35.00 at Babies R Us but the money you'll save in refills will pay for itself in a matter of months.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i use the original diaper genie. (only because the #2 was not out yet) Ive used them both and like them both. Check on craigslist for people in your area that may be selling one. you can get the refills fairly cheap and they really do last a long time.
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 2:59 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• DIAPER GENIE II......THE best invention EVER!! I have a 10 week old and just changed the first one out like 2 weeks ago. So they are very inexpensive! It's so worth the 5 bucks every 6-10 weeks....just to get rid of smelly diapers!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 5:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I just put them in the garbage when I used disposables.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 19, 2009