Florida man murders 2 neighbors,causes great bodily harm to a 3rd,because they were mean to him

Has anyone seen/read this??
Apparently he felt that there was "imminent" threat to his family,so he snuck up on the neighbors while they were having a Labor Day BBQ,and shot and killed 2 of them,and shot a 3rd, 11 times,but that man was able to survive somehow

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• link

LOL. he's claiming stand your ground.... it's not stand your ground if YOU sneak up on someone when you're not being provoked. that should be considered premeditated murder

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• That's ridiculous. If they were making threats, and theratening to sodomize his daughter, fine, I can see him feeling threatened. But SYG would mean when they climb his fence with baseball bats or break into his house to follow through, THEN he can shoot them and claim SYG. Sneaking up on them while they party and then claiming imminent danger is bull.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• If he felt threatened then why didn't he call police to report the threats? Instead of slinking around behind bushes and planning a surprise attack on someone else's property.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• He was either drugged out or insane. So sad.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Yet another person who has no clue what the Stand Your Ground law actually means. Fucking idiot! I really hate people.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:39 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• *Sigh.* People suck. I wish we could have another story about honest kids leaving the money for their merchandise on the counter in a closed store where they couldn't find a clerk.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• WTF is wrong with FL?? Is it in the water that make folks go nuts?? And he is claiming SYG?? Seriously? If the people he shot at had a gun and shot Woodward, they had legal grounds to use the SYG defense. But with Woodward 'sneaking' up and shooting those guys is more like an ambush then SYG. Woodward would stood a better chance of using SYG as a defense if the other people who were 'terrorizing' him and his family if they came to his property. As it is, he's facing the death sentence. 1st degree murder in FL is the death penalty. And the video he had just put another nail in his casket.
    Even if there was a “imminent” threat, he fucked it up when he went and " snuck up on a Labor Day barbecue"

BTW, I am actually impressed they didn't 'over-charge' this latest case, unlike the Zimmerman and Casey Anthony case. I'm thinking Angela Corey is not involved in this case.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• "If he felt threatened then why didn't he call police to report the threats? Instead of slinking around behind bushes and planning a surprise attack on someone else's property. "

Because he apparently thought he could get away with the "Stand Your Ground" law.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I watched the video and counted 33 shots
    I loved his "poor me" attitude at the police station

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2013