I am a mother of two aged 15 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son.Now a days my son does not listents to me.moreover he is becoming frustrated,disrespectful and very careless about his studies also.

he cannot learn simple things or either takes too much time to learn. Please help me out.

kriti514

Asked by kriti514 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sounds like normal puberty stuff to me. Might want to have him checked by a developmental pediatrician to make sure he has no learning disabilities like dyslexia or attention deficit disorder. Is he being bullied at school?? That can cause some of what you are seeing too. Have a talk with him to see if anything pops up. You may want to consider some sort of therapy or counseling for him too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Good advice already. And I wanted to add that you can get a handle on his school work. One thing we set up with our son and his teachers was to have him write down any homework assignment in his notebook OR that there was no homework. He then would have the teacher initial that everyday. That way we knew what was expected. And the teacher would also initial that the homework was handed in. He did not like getting used to this system but actually developed a closer relationship with his teachers because of it. Just one idea. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• sounds pretty normal my kids *especially my son was like that at that age

do what you can to hel him be organised, remind him of doing and turning in homework, thank him when he does things you ask...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• What do you mean, careless with his buddies? It's important for a preteen to have friends, but you're the mom, and hopefully still in a position that you can limit or forbid contact for your son with kids who aren't good influences on him.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:14 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• What is he doing besides studying? Maybe you should eliminate the distractions.... cell phone, tv, computer, video games.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Have you tried sitting with him while he does his homework to try and identify the areas where he has difficulty? Sometimes, all it takes is one little problem and everything seems insurmountable. A lot of children just give up. Maybe with a little help...?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:37 AM on Sep. 7, 2013