what can we give a 2 month old for teething

nothing seems to work, not even a teething ring, cold washcloth and he doesn't even eat well because the nipples on his bottles hurt as well. what can we do? please help.

Nona719

Asked by Nona719 at 8:55 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Can you see teeth erupting?
    That's awful early for teething

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I gave my son a tiny bit of Baby Orajel on his gums....
    MzWhitnei

Answer by MzWhitnei at 8:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• An age appropriate dose of Tylenol. Ask your pediatrician for correct dosing. You can also try a cold washed carrot. Just be careful so he doesn't choke on it. Are you sure it's teething and not an ear infection? Two months seems a bit young for cutting teeth. I know it's entirely possible, but still seems too young. With the weather the way it is now I'd be thinking ear infection and taking baby to the doctor to be sure.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I think 2 month old is way too early for teething.....but then again I have seen newborns with teeth!!!!! I would not give the baby anything...let nature takes it's course...

Answer by older at 9:13 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I doubt it's teething. It's probably gas. PLEASE speak to her Pediatrician before giving anything to a 2 month old. Make sure to burp her often.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• No such thing as too early for teething; they can be born teething. If there's drooling or gnawing o hands, it's teething.

Hyland's Teething tablets can help, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:57 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Wet a washcloth in cold water, wring it out, and put it in the freezer briefly. Give it to your baby so she can chew on it. Keep one with her and a fresh one getting cold in the freezer at all times. But if the baby gets a temperature or diarrhea with the pain, it's worth a call to the pediatrician, just in case.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• The teething tables or the drops are really helpful and all natural. I would try those first.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• That's pretty early for teeth. Are you sure that's what it is? You can see the teeth?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Just be warned (and YES they CAN start teething this early, Tori was teething at this age!), just because they start teething early doesn't mean they'll get their teeth early. Tori, as I said, started teething at 2 months. I even saw the evidence, then it went away, and she didn't get her first tooth (which happened to be 3 teeth all at once) at 7 or 8 months old!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 6, 2013