Birthday parties?

My sons birthday party is next Saturday his father found out about his party and is saying that he should get invited. This I would have no problem with if he contributed to the cost of the party because not only does he want to come but he wants his whole family to come so he would have to pitch in as well he doesn't get along with my family neither does his family. I did suggest that he could take him the day of his party either before or after.

Also I offered if he doesn't want to do that he can pick a day and have his own party and I will gladly let him have him that day. Also I offered him birthday time on his birthday after school he said he doesn't want to pick him up after school or at school. I have decided that I am not going to call him or offer time from now on it is going to be on him to ask for time and to contact his son. Agree disagree? Opinions?

AAP1988

Asked by AAP1988 at 9:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in General Parenting

• I agree. I went through the same thing with my ex - him insisting on being invited to the kids parties. I did it a couple time then quit.

Answer by missanc at 9:36 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• missanc- If he wanted to contribute and if our families got along things would be fine. His family always starts drama and shoots off their mouths. If he contributed and everyone got along it would not be an issue.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 9:39 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Asked and answered 15 July

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:49 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I wouldn't invite someone that I couldn't trust to get along to my child's party. He can have his own party for your son in his own time and expense and invite who he wants to come. That's the great thing about not being with him anymore, is that you don't have to consider how he feels.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• exactly QuinnMae! I don't have to consider how he feels we aren't together when parents split they do things separately not together.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• not this shit again
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:31 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Happy birthday to your son. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Sounds like your ex is making a lot of excuses and wanting to take the easy way out by letting you shoulder all of the planning and expense and then bopping in at the last minute with his family for the party. Don't let him walk all over you, Mom.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:07 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Didn't you get enough validation the last time you asked this?
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:37 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I would say the father ONLY. No extended family unless he wants to foot the bill.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2013