How far along were you when you gave birth? Was it natural, induction or c section and if anything but natural , why?

I was induced with my first daughter at 39 weeks because I had dilated to 6cm but was not progressing anymore on my own.

collegexmamix28

Asked by collegexmamix28 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Oh and I'm hoping for all natural this time around :)
    collegexmamix28

Comment by collegexmamix28 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I had my son at 37 weeks
    induction because I was high risk due to my 1st child dying in utero at 34 weeks gestation

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• 41 weeks, membranes stripped, no pitocin

39 weeks, no pitocin

38 weeks, water broke, no contractions, pitocin push

No pain relief for any because that wasn't typically done in the 80's. At least not in my neck of the woods.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• My water broke at 33 weeks, they induced me, I developed pre-eclampsia and there was fetal distress, so I ended up having an emergency c-section.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I was induced with my first because I was 41 weeks and she was a BIG baby. My second came naturally.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:08 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• #1: I dilated to 6cm at home feeling like I had the worlds worst cramps. I wasn't due for another week, and it never dawned on me that I was in labor. I had moved the day before. 26 hours later he was born by emergency C-section. I was not fully effaced, I was not fully dilated, there was meconuim in the water, he was showing signs of distress at every contraction, and I was starting to spike a fever.

#2: was a planned C-scetion at 39 weeks. Good think too. Her head was the same circumference as her brother's, so I would have had the same problems with her as I did with him if I'd tried VBAC.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• 1st... 39 wks 5 days water broke, didn't progress, pitocin (horrendous)

2nd.... No pitocin (walk walk walk) at 38 weeks to the day

3rd...No pitocin (walk walk walk) at 38 weeks 2 days.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Planned c-section 2 days before my due-date.. I developed gestational diabetes & the (stupid) doctors thought my daughter was going to be 10+ pounds.. that and my pelvic bones don't lay normally.

She was a healthy, pink, loud 8lbs of beautiful baby.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:19 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• 1st - 40 weeks 3 days - natural
    2nd - 40 weeks 1day - natural
    3rd - 38 weeks - induced for planning reasons
    4th - 39 weeks - csection due to size concerns
    5th - 39 weeks - csection due to size concerns

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on Sep. 5, 2013

• First, I was 40 weeks and 1 day. I wasn't dilated very much when I arrived at the hospital, but I was having contractions every 4-5 minutes and I was progressing so they kept me. My water didn't on it's own, and I did get an epidural.

Second, I was 39 weeks and they induced. Mainly because of scheduling, so DH could go ahead and make plans for work, and family could take days off to so someone could watch my son. The doctor used a balloon catheter to ripen my cervix, and also had a epidural, too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:23 AM on Sep. 5, 2013