Uncontrollable weight gain

I'm 26 weeks and have gained 25 pounds...

From each appointment to the next I'm gaining 6-8 pounds and I AM eating healthy because I'm doing EXACTLY what they ask me to do as far as eating and exercise. I'm tracking calories, grams of fat, sodium and carbs and I never cheat on my diet. I'll admit that in the beginning I ate my share of junk but that stopped at 12 weeks. I walk, I use the elliptical consistently.

I cannot stop gaining. They modified my diet AGAIN at my 24 week checkup and 2 weeks later and I've still gained an additional 3 pounds.

I called my doctor and they keep telling me to eat better....well for the love of God I'm eating like I'm dieting and I'm exercising and doing EXACTLY what I've been told.

I don't know what to do :( I'm going to the doctor today but I know they will tell me the same crap AGAIN and AGAIN.

Any ideas/advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• How is your blood sugar?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Also, is this your first baby? If not, do you have a history of PreE?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• ^^^ Yeah, are you swelling? It could be pre-eclampsia.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• ^^^I was thinking the exact same thing as Mrs Prissy! Time for a Glucose test!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:18 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Glucose test came back normal, blood pressure has been fine so far and this is my second baby. I was induced at 39 weeks but I had been starting to get bad headaches, swelling and blurred vision...it was not the reason for the induction however. I was induced due to scheduling concerns.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Well, this is something your doctor needs to address in some way other than "Eat better, exercise moar!" I'd tell him you're concerned about PreE, that you're following his instructions to the letter and you expect him to work with you to find a cause.

Doctors aren't gods (regardless of how they perceive themselves). You employ them. Empower yourself to expect more from his office.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I am concerned! I don't know that it's necessarily preE because I'm not having any symptoms with this pregnancy but the weight gain is getting out of hand and no matter what I do it doesn't change. There was one week where I melted down and ate a bunch of crap and still gained about the same and the next 4 weeks followed my diet to the T and gained MORE. So frustrating and it seems obvious to me that something is wrong.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Do you think your eating disorder could have anything to do with their concern?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I believe the doctors put her on the diet/eating plan^^
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I don't have an eating disorder...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2013