I have been..

feeling like a zombie the last few days..

hardly sleeping at night.. the baby has been waking up nearly every hour because of her tooth.

i feel so helpless. i feed her a bit, then she just chews in the bottle. i give her cold teethers and oragel.. the othe rnight i even tried a tiny bit of tylenol just because she literally couldnt sleep!!!  she just cries and is half asleep chewing on her hands..   the days of no sleep are starting to take a toll.. i feel like my eyes are constantly burning and i cant keep my days and appointments straight. i bought a weekly planner but even after i check it.. im like Wait.. what was it i just read..?   I NEED SLEEP!! this mama is napping with the kids today or i'll never make it to bedtime..

any ideas on what else to try for her teeth..?    my other two teethed and drooled tons but they NEVER hurt like she has been..

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 1:36 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ

Been there. Have you tried letting her gnaw on a carrot or frozen washcloth? Just be careful with the carrot so she doesn't choke. Might call the pediatricaian and make sure it's not an ear infection which can cause similar symptoms in infants.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Teething tablets can help.

Abandon anything not needed for survival. It'll wait.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• The video was just a reflex to your feeling like a zombie. My son recently discovered that game and I can't get the song out of my head. Freeze one or two washcloths so you can switch them out as they thaw. LOL ((Hugs))
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I don't have any advice besides what's already been given, Mama, but hang in there. Let bedtime belike the North Star, guiding you step by step closer and closer to it. You'll make it. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:22 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Walmart sells frozen fruits already cut into small, (baby-sized) square chunks... you can give her those to help keep ice on her gums.

Also, a popsicle tube doesn't sound like too bad of an idea, either. Just having the tubing to chew on could help... hell, I still like to crush mine up before I actually eat them anyway. I imagine you may be able to find some sugar-free if you try...that she could actually eat without too much sugary junk. I know our health foods store sells some "ice pops" that are orange-banana-coconut made purely of fruit that she could eat!

If you can't find any, make some. Blend some berries and bananas or other fruits together, and freeze in an ice tray. They even make popsicle trays that are long and thin. Or you can try using the trays to make some (very water-diluted) juice popsicles... or water with a squeeze of orange or lemon for taste.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:51 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• ive given her a cold damp wash cloth but I didn't freeze it.. maybe that would be better.. I will try that tonight.. thanks!
    also I took my son for his school physical and I asked her just to check the baby real quick. she said she thinks its just the teeth.. she doesn't have a fever either, just constant chewing on her fingers. the tooth looks like it hurts.. its just the very top sharp part of the tooth still breaking through. I feel for her.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• as for the video.. im not sure what to make of that lol it confused me but also made my day a little better lmao
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• kk thanks good idea!!
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Thanks!! Awesome ideas! Ladies. I will try the Popsicle idea during the day and I tried the wash clothes tonight and it was a success! So far so good!!
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Sep. 6, 2013