What values do Christians hold that are exclusive to them and no other group of people?

If you were in a group of a people-how would you be able to determine whose values are Christian and whose are not?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Do you mean "values" as opposed to "beliefs?"

As in, holding Jesus to be the Son of God is a belief, and disagreeing with premarital sex is a value?

Answer by gdiamante at 3:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• didn't you know- Christians hold the title to morality. nobody else is allowed to claim it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Everything is more a belief than a value to be... I mean I feel as a Christian I value charity and kindness to others but I also know non Christians who live that everyday!! But I believe in God, Jesus, Heaven where God reigns, and those beliefs are limited to Christians
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I can determine whether a value is in accordance with Scripture or not. But since Christians are human, they don't always display Biblical values. And sometimes non Christians do have a set of values that line up with Scripture. It's more about the beliefs/basis behind the values where the difference should lie.

Answer by missanc at 3:49 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Christianity holds no monopoly on any values
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• What does it matter where the values basis is from as long as its a honorable value?
    And I'm not talking about beliefs I'm talking about values like being kind, charitable, respectful, dignified etc.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Honestly, I think Christian values are human values, and similar to values in many other religions. For me, the Creator is the source I have found of kindness, generosity, etc, and the guide I live by to cultivate those values in myself. But there are many other ways, some based on religion and some not, to practice the virtues that make us all human.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:45 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Exactly what Missanc said.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I don't think those values are exclusive to any group.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Unless someone is an expert on all the religions, (meaning they have studied all of them) they couldn't possibly answer that question.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 5, 2013