WHAT IS COLLIC?

This is my second child and my first was an amazing baby so to speak. My new dd is 1 week old and she of course is amazing and I love her but soo diffrent. This isnt my first walk in the park and it hasnt been long seeing as how my first isnt even 3 yet, but I think she may have collic. I feed her and burp her change her rock her hold her put her in swings bouncer all the things you can do..I gave her sponge baths to relax her a little..Which did kinda help..but all in all she exsesivly crys. It seems like it is later in the day when it beins and doesnt end till early in the morning. Which makes it very hard to keep up because I cant go back to bed in the day due to taking care of my toddler. I read about the symptoms and they all sound like what she has. I called to try to get her in to the Dr but they cant see her untill tomorrow evening. I was just wanting to know what exactly it is and how its cured?

KOURT

Asked by KOURT at 1:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here is an article about colic that may help you. My babies did this, and I found that using simethicone drops worked wonders. Even though they say the cause is unknown, I always suspected intestinal gas with my babies.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Try Gripe Water. Its LIQUID GOLD. Something with Oil of Fennel and Sodium Bicarbonate in it.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Try the gripe water... we had a very gassy baby. Also, the witching hour will hit everyone. Our first was harder than our second and while neither of them were collicy, they still required a lot of attention and feedings from 4-9.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My first son had colic from 0-3months old. It is like torture! I tried everything and nothing worked. It could be colic or acid reflux? Many people have luck changing formulas, Mylecon drops, gripe water etc?
    Good luck mama:)
    nicksmommy2005

Answer by nicksmommy2005 at 6:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh man. I feel for you. My dd had it for 3 weeks. Every single night from about 9pm-1am. I tried EVERYTHING. Mylicon drops, Gripe water, baby massage, the 5 S's...lordy mercy. We changed her formula 4 times...and when we finally started her on Concentrated Enfamil ProSobee...the "colic" stopped. I am really sorry you are dealing with an unhappy baby, I hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!!
    AmyRae1008

Answer by AmyRae1008 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Atiana had colic....I know it F*in sucks!! I gave her these colic tablets but I dont remember them working to well. She used to cry fo no reason every evening for the 1st few months and I remember wanting to pull my hair out!
    IsoAnAtisMommy

Answer by IsoAnAtisMommy at 12:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009