I hope I didn't screw up the size? 42 inch bust? What does that mean?

We are ordering matching Hawaiian theme clothes for a party and to get our picture taken in, on the website the size Large for women said 36 inch bust, I am a 38 D, so I thought XL, that bust was the same size, so I moved up to XXL that is 42, but the waist and hips look very big to me, I figured easier to take in than to let out right?
I emailed them before I ordered and they wrote back saying that it would be around the bust? Okay, under the bust or with the boobs? LOL?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Shopping

• Bust measures around the neeples.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• When dealing in measurements you would measure around the fullest part of the bust. The only time you measure under the bust is for a bra fitting.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• post a link?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• You do know the inches for bras are around your chest. And the letter is your cup size? You should have went with a XL.

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I would always go larger like you did since all Halloween costumes run small IMO.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Usually you would take the band size of your bra (38) and add an inch for every cup size (4). So theoretically 42 would be correct, but you are right about it maybe being too big in other measurements. What is the clothing made from? Is it stretchy type material?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:16 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Sorry I was looking at other dresses, each one must come from other places one XXL was a 72 inch bust,lol www.lavahut.com
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• It is cotton and very fitted, so I thought keep the boobs in, and work from there.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Well we may have a problem then, lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Sep. 5, 2013