How to handle potty training when you are shopping or eating out?

My 20 months old son has been toilet trained but is not willing for getting potty trained . What should I do? Also what to do when I am outside and my son needs to go to toilet? He is so small that he can not sit in adults toilet seat . If I ask him to do in his diapers , he becomes confused. Help me.

newmommy121211

Asked by newmommy121211 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You carry a seat with you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• There are fold up seats that you can put in a diaper bag and fit over an adult seat.

Answer by Bmat at 5:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I always sat my kids on the toilet and held on to them so they would not fall in.

Answer by louise2 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Bmat

Answer by Bmat at 5:12 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• I had ds stand on my feet to per or I held him under the arms to poop. Outside- go inside.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 6:04 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Don't leave the house when potty training. Go potty then leave and return fast.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:11 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

Me too, Louise. I didn't know there was another way to do it. Seemed to work fine for my daughter.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:38 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• i would teach him to sit as well in the big potty at your house...so he learns how to do it...my son loves that i hug him while he is sitting over the toilet...... i used the app potty training learning with the animals to motivate and worked very good! hope it helps others! and there they give great ideas to parents about games to play in the toilet so children become familiar and not afraid about toilet.
    camiech

Answer by camiech at 8:58 PM on Sep. 5, 2013