Favorite smoothie recipes?

Do you have a favorite smoothie?

mommy_jules

Asked by mommy_jules at 8:03 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I buy the frozen Jama Juice smoothies. I blend it with milk, instead of apple juice, and I add two handfuls of either spinach or kale. My 6 yr old loves it.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:27 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Smoothies, or juice? LOL

I love orange juice concentrate with greek yogurt, a splash of apple juice, and some carrot juice!

As for homemade juice (I know it isn't part of this question) I LOOOVE Purple Power. It's grape, green apple, blackberry, and ginger. YUM.

Starving now. Thanks.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:33 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• My fave is:

2 whole Chiquita Bananas (best with brown flecks on peel)
    2 cups Ice
    1/3 cup Yogurt - preferably Greek yogurt flavored with honey
    1/2 cup Cooked oatmeal
    1/3 cup Almonds

But I add spinach, and because I freeze my bananas I substitute a cup or so of milk for the ice.

I used to make a raspberry/strawberry kind of smoothie, but I can't really remember the proportions....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Oh, and for the oatmeal, I cheat and just throw the powder in. The cinnamon roll gives it a nice flavor, but the brown sugar/maple kinds work, too :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:40 AM on Sep. 6, 2013