Eyes

I've been experiencing severe eye pain for a few months now. Went to eye doctor nothing is wrong. Went to gp as well nothing is wrong. So why do my eyes hurt so bad?? Urghh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Health

• I would investigate further with a GP perhaps see a new one to get a second opinion.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Did you go to an actual eye dr or just one in a strip mall? There are 2 kinds of eye dr's: 1 that you can go to just to get glasses and 1 that you go to if you are having issues. Sorry, my brain is mush right now so I can't think of the name of the dr that you should see.

Are your eyes red? Puffy? Itchy? What part of your eye hurts?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:48 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• ophthalmologist
    the eye doc that tempsing is talking about

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• It's like a pressure n I've never been sensitive to light n now I am. A little red
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• Did the ophthalmologist dilate your eyes and test the pressure inside them? I'm no doctor, obviously, but I've battled glaucoma and severe eye pressure and pain for years, and the symptoms sound familiar. How' your blood pressure, also? Have you ever been diagnosed with migraines?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:56 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• My blood pressure is good and no never for migraines. What do you do or take? Thank you for replying appreciate you all.. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• you misunderstand
    the pressure in your eyes is different than your blood pressure

you really should have the pressure checked every year or so as part of your health maintenance
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:18 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• If your eyes are hurting and sensitive to light, you need to get an appointment with an ophthalmologist--not an optometrist or an optician--and have your eyes dilated and the intraocular pressure checked. If you don't, you could be endangering your vision. Some people are given prescription drops to lower the pressure and ease the pain. There are also procedures that can deaden the pain-sensing nerves in the eyes, but those aren't routinely done on people who still have usable vision.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2013