How do people make friends on this site?

I have been on this site for a while now and I make posts and answer questions, but I still don't get any friend invites. The whole point of coming on here is because I work at home and never have a chance to meet anyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Maybe it's because your anon. How can I invite you sista if I don't know who you are??? ;o)
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Try getting into a group that interest you then go down the member list and send friend invites to people you think are cool. Then you could send them messages to keep in touch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Be friendly. Leave chatter. Comment on Mom's answers that you like. Help people out. Have a sense of humor. Be funny... And posting anon is like going to the playground and hiding in the tunnel....don't do that if you want to have friends...come out and play.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• ...BTW - Have you sent an invite to anyone?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• FlyMom07 is right! Thats exactly how we became friends! :) I think I liked her answer or something and sent an invite...or she did. Whatever works!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Most of my friends are either people I actually know, or people from my Navy groups. I agree that looking for groups might be the easiest way to make friends on here.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Hi MamaChamp! ....See OP?....friendliness....works every time! It was your sense of humor...remember you sharted on a post.... not literally...I guess a crude sense of humor works too!
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You have to find a group of something you are intrested in. I met a girl on here almost 2 years ago in the group Mixed Arabic-American Babies. We had alot in common as American women married to Arab men. We have met IRL a couple times (wish she didnt live over 5 hours away!!!)
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Forget the groups, they are great places to start but if you want to make friends you need to get out into the profiles. Load the laundry widget and play the game for a while. Leave chatterbox messages on the profiles you find interesting and respond to the messages that people leave you. Also don't be afraid to send invites of your own, maybe someone else is just as shy as you are.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009