I thought this was a girl thing, why do guys not get it? adult content

So several weeks ago. I had a one night stand...I fully intended for it to be a one night stand and was not even terribly into the guy when I met him, but it was fun to be gawked at. Now, he keeps contacting me not in a creepy stalker way but often enough for me to get the picture that he did not intend for it to be a one night stand.

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 11:53 PM on Sep. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• If you only intended for it to be a one time encounter you should never have given out your contact information or made sure he did not know anyone you knew so if he wanted to he could get your contact information.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 5, 2013

• honestly, he's probably looking for more sex from you, since you gave him the message that you are an easy lay. (not saying you are, but men are stupid and he probably thought this after you engaged in a one night stand with him) if you want him to stop contacting you then you need to tell him.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I am living with, 3 years now, a one night stand that wouldn't go away...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:22 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I do not believe in one night stands but if I were interested in one, I would go where no one knows me. I might even take a cab. I sure as heck wouldn't give my name, phone number, where I work or email of any other info. I would use cash for everything.

Now that it has happened you need to tell him straight out that you were only looking for one fun night and no more. Tell him you are sorry if he thought it would be more than that but it isn't and tell him you hope he had as good a time as you did, but not to contact you again, please.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Maybe you are too polite about saying no. I've had that problem before. I said what I thought was a firm but not unkind no, and got nowhere. Eventually I had to say a very firm and definitely unkind no--okay, well, I had to get the police involved. But what I'm saying is, women sometimes work so hard not to hurt anybody's feelings that their point gets lost in the manners. Try something like, "Please don't call me again, ever."
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• You need to say, "Look, we had our fun, and that's all I was really looking for. When I'm in a place that I want a relationship, I'll call you."
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:25 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Sometimes it's better to let them know right up front that you aren't looking for a relationship. I never had any real stalkers before but I did have a guy keep calling me until I finally told him point blank I wasn't interested.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:11 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I married my one night stand. I wasn't looking for anything, and certainly not clear in the opposite coast from where I was living. You just never know what will happen.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:58 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• IDK I never did the whole one night stand thing. I don't get it either. With everything that's out there you got to be careful who you are intimate with. If he was looking at you he may have been thinking long term. Not every man out there is looking for sex only.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:01 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Don't be too quick to write him off you never know what's inside an uninteresting (?) outside. Think diamonds, geods etc. And, if you never wanted to see him again, you should not have hooked up with him from a place where you'd ever see him again. Or where he'd be able to run into you again.
    Rishel

Answer by Rishel at 9:57 AM on Sep. 6, 2013