I'm eating so much healthier now. Why is it so hard to poop? adult content

A couple weeks ago I decided to eschew all artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, and processed sugars. I also cut out the gluten, but I make sure to get ample fiber every day. As a duly, I've gone from 3 good BMS a day to one if I'm lucky. And that one is usually a small amount that takes some effort to push out. I can feel that there's more in there that needs to come out, too. What gives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Health

• As a result, not as a duly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• are you drinking enough water?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:21 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I agree with more water.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 11:26 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• If you've cut down on fatty foods as well, that means there's less "natural lubrication" in your digestive tract!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• What are your healthy foods? Some things are binding, like rice, bananas and apples. Vary it up with things like blueberries and melon and leafy greens, and drink plenty of liquid.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:29 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Try incorporating healthier fats, like avocados, olive oil or sunflower oil, nuts, and fatty fish and increase water intake.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:33 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I drink a ton of water, get plenty of fat in the form of EVOO and peanut butter mostly, and, while I do easy quote a few apples, I always have, you know? I've just started adding acidophilus and princess, to see if that helps. I can't figure it out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Princess = prunes. I really need to start proofreading!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• More fiber without additional fluids can be binding and constipation. Add more fluids as others have suggested and things should move more smoothly.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:38 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Eat some cashews. You'll be pooping orange oil. Which I have to say is the most horrifying thing to ever happen to me.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2013