My grandson is 3 1/2+. He has 3 to 8 BM daily. He has no interest in potty trainingand may be special needs. Any new potty training methods?

HappyGma2

Asked by HappyGma2 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• "May be special needs" meaning there are delays in certain areas? Depending on the severity of the delays, he may not be ready to potty train. My son with autism didnt full train until he was 6, and that was early compared to others in his class.
    If he's in school you could talk to his teacher and see if she's on board to help.
    With my son we used pecs (picture exchange communication system) and bribery (honey buns). And a lot of patience.

Answer by missanc at 11:51 AM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Well first it would be important to get "special needs" a diagnosis, having 8 BMs a day would be most worthy of a doctor's visit.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:19 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• What are they feeding that kid??
    Sounds like a trip the the doctor is a good idea for both issues

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• That's a lot of poop. I wonder if something is imbalanced with his diet, or maybe he has a food allergy or the like. I'd seek a medical opinion.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2013