Omg omg! I'm freaking out! Need advice ASAP!

My dd's been sick all week, as most of you know. I just heard about the Greek yogurt recall. She's ate 4 cups of the recalled ones! I still have one left. I'm freaking! I'm wondering if this could be the reason she is still so sick with this, "viral infection."

The cups match the number on the recall list too. The doctors office is closed for the weekend now. What should i do?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 3:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Wait.....try and calm down just a little. I think you would have noticed if your yogurt was affected. It says it was fizzing which I think would be noticeable upon opening

She wouldn't likely be having the symptoms you've described this week; it would most likely be gastrointestinal. If you have an urgent care center, give them a call and see what they advise.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I'd call your insurance nurse-on-call line and see what they recommend. They might want you to take her to the ER.
    Take pics of the yogurt cups, and you might want to root thru the trash for the other ones she ate!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Did you notice if the containers were swollen at all? I just read this article & it said that the recalled yogurt does not cause any sickness.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/09/06/chobani-yogurt-recall-mold/2776785/

Is she throwing up or have diarrhea? Does her fever go down with Baby Motrin or Baby Tylenol?

Is there a covering/emergency phone number on your Pediatricians message?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• " recalled yogurt does not cause any sickness."

This is what I've seen, as well. I think your daughter is simply experiencing the effects of her viral infection.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I would just go now. :(
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• What is her temp? I would imagine she would just vomit? I saw this on our local channel as well, has she thrown up? Now you most likely know the cause of the illness, if she is okay, save ALL of the new and uneaten, then call the company, tell them exactly what is going on, and perhaps if they don't want to pay for your co-pays tell them you are considering legal action (assuming DD is okay at the moment).
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:35 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I can't find the phone number to the fucking company. She's been complaining of stomach cramps. Her temp is 102.3 right now. I'm so upset I'm shaking.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Also, this might not be a direct result from the yogurt, but if her immune system was weak from an illness the yogurt is going to make things much worse!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Maybe take her to urgent care.
    What I would do is call the number on the carton and ask to talk to someone knowledgeable about the recalled yogurt because your daughter has been eating it and is sick.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Her stomach is hurting. Her poop is green. Temp goes down a few degrees but hasn't been normal all week. Her nose is stopped up and she has a nasty cough.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2013