My Kindergartner acts badly in school and I'm at my wit's end!

So I was at work today and my child's school called and told me that last week and this week, she's been acting up, didn't want to do her work, screaming at the top of her lungs at her teachers and keeps saying she wants to go play in the school's playground. School started last week and every time I go pick her up from school, her teachers tells me that she cries because she can't get her way. I kept having the talk with her that she's not in preschool anymore, she's going to school to learn, make new friends, and she still can go play at recess and gym class. Even her father had a talk with her about this and now she's on punishment for a week because of her behavior in school because she won't listen to us. Not only that, she won't even eat her lunch there because they don't have her fave foods to serve like pizza, chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers and desert, but the healthy foods (she eats healthy at home too). Now I'm just crying because I feel like a bad mother and my child won't do as I say when she's in school and it's the 2nd week of school. I don't know if she's gonna (and I'm praying) that she'll grow from it and get used to being in kindergarten. Plus she has no cousins or neighbors who are the same age as her and she's my only child. Oh yeah, no smart a** answers either, I'm too upset!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• For the first 2 people that answered this question, you feel good putting down this parent and judging her about her child? She JUST STARTED kindergarten, this is new to her and it takes time to get used to it, dumbasses! Instead of putting this parent down, have an understanding first. As for the mom, it's only the 2nd week, my kids been there, she'll get used to it, just have to remind her that she's a big girl and is in a big kid's school and there's always time to play, but education is more important. One day, ask her teacher if you can spend a day with her, that's what I did with my 2 oldest when they were in kindergarten. Also I reading she's your only child, just talk and discipline her and let her know the consequences of her actions. Don't let these "mothers" make you feel you're a bad mother, you're not and you're not perfect. Stay Strong!
    AaliyahsMom690

Answer by AaliyahsMom690 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Sorry, smartass is about all I'm good at.

You reap what you sew. You've allowed her to be a spoiled brat for 5-6 years, and now it's biting you in the ass. If she acts up at school she can sit on her butt in her room when she gets home. Time to crack down on her bitchy behavior, and stop allowing her to be disrespectful towards adults.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• she has learned that behavior gets her things soemwhere, I wonder where?
    I would tell the teacher no recess and she needs to be seperated from the kids that want to learn when she acts that way.
    Is she a new 5? Maybe pull her and go back to preschool another year.

I agree with Rosehawk, time to nip it!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:15 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Wow, I came here for advice, not to be judged on. We run a normal family home and when she's at home she follows rules, this is just at school and it's been happening for a couple of days now. So don't judge me, or my family. Plus she's only been 5 for 3 months now. More like a**holes replying than real moms on here!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• @Rosehawk, if you're good at being a smartass, then I feel bad for kids for having a mother like you. Goodbye!
    @luvmygrandgirl, grow up and stop trying to be funny!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• My guess is that a huge part of it is that she is tired. School is hard the first month. I am going to assume that it is a full day program and that she isn't use to being at school for 7 hours a day. Make sure she is getting enough sleep...at least 10 hours a night. As for the food, I would send her a lunch that she helps pack, so that she likes everything in it. As for how she is treating adults, that is unacceptable and needs to be stopped immediately. As the other ladies have said, she must have learned it was okay to act like that to adults or she wouldn't be doing it. I can tell you right now if any of my three boys ever acted like that to an adult, they would be in SERIOUS trouble. I suggest an hour of cleaning for being rude to the teachers, per day that she acts out that way. It is going to suck for you to stand there and make her do the cleaning, but she will learn the lesson quick.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:44 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• As for the other two moms... they told you what you needed to hear... not what you wanted to hear. That doesn't make them assholes.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:45 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• They are assholes for judging and if I wanna hear negativity, I go watch Fox News Channel or rap music. @AaliyahsMom690, thank you for your support, my daughter has ADHD (which I forgot to put on my question) and glad I'm not the only parent dealing with this. Fave comment so far.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:57 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• And yes this is a full day kindergarten.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Sep. 6, 2013