How many months should my daugter be before I start looking for work?

Amber94

Asked by Amber94 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Money & Work

• That will be determined by many factors. Do you want to go back to work? Can you afford to stay home? Most licensed day cares only accept children 6 weeks or older, so if you need to go back to work then I suggest no sooner than 1 1/2 months.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:53 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Daycare, are you talking about? Best to ask a daycare when they start taking babies

Answer by louise2 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Whenever you are ready.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:47 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Whenever you are ready, as long as you don't have medical restriction.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:49 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• daycare says four months
    Amber94

Comment by Amber94 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I have always heard the rule of thumb for job searching is 1 month for every $10,000. So if you want/qualify for a part time/minimum wage job then start looking about 1 month before you plan to return to work. If you will be looking for a full time minimum wage-$10 an hour job, start looking two months before you plan to return to work, and so on.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Have you ever thought of a home business? That's what I did because I did not want to have 2 babies in Daycare. Message me if you are interested in what I do. I've had my business for 6 1/2 years and I love it!! I get to volunteer at my children's school and go on field trips!! Message me here or email me at kbressan@msn.com.
    Congrats on New Baby!! What a BLESSING!!!
    Take Care!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2013