Stomach Problems - Any Suggestions? [TMI!!!] adult content

First let me make it very clear that I AM going to the doctor.  I have an appointment Monday morning.  But I just wanted to post here and see if anyone might have any clue what I'm dealing with here.

I've had a fairly sensitive stomach for as long as I can remember - things like burgers and crappy movie theater popcorn would make me feel... less than great.  But for the past couple weeks it seems like EVERYTHING is doing this.  And it's not just a feeling of... not great - it's a horrible experience.  Almost everything I eat results in me REALLY having to use the bathroom.  My trips to the bathroom for... err... number two used to be usually once a day, and nothing to fear.  But now, it's once if I'm lucky... but usually two or three times.  And usually, at least every other day, it's not normal.  What results is almost black, and tar-like.  Sorry, it's gross, I know... but it's probably an important detail.

When it first started becoming a regular thing (and a more painful thing) I didn't really think much of it because, like I said, I've always had a fairly sensitive stomach... but now it's too often for me to ignore.  It's honestly almost at the point where, some days, I don't want to eat at all because I know in just a little bit of time I'll be crouching over in discomfort/pain and just counting down the minutes until my break so I can rush off to the bathroom.  I've been downing chewable Pepto Bismol most days, but sometimes it's like if it's going to happen, nothing's gonna stop it.

I posted a question earlier this week (at least I think it was this week?) about getting my thyroid checked as well... but I don't think this is related to that.  I mentioned in that post how I can't lose weight either, no matter what I do, and this has never been a problem for me.  I guess that part of it could be related to either issue.

I know you all aren't doctors (and like I said I do have an upcoming appointment anyway) but does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?  Or has anyone else suffered similar symptoms?

Hopefully I didn't leave anything out.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Health

• Gallstones. A simple ultrasound will detect them then you'll need to have your gallbladder removed.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Pepto can cause black tarry stool, that is also the hallmark for a upper GI bleed.. Paulie could also be correct or it could be an ulcer.. Point is, it could be any of those mentioned or something else..I am glad you are going to the Dr Monday but If the pain gets too bad, don't wait and go to the ER..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:09 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• It sounds like what my mom was experiencing when she was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). When she had her gall bladder issues it wasn't as consistent, more like flare ups over time - and pain bad enough she went to the ER.

Answer by missanc at 6:11 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Hopefully the black tarry stools are from the pepto
    yeah,sounds like the gall bladder

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Black stool is blood in the stool.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• When I had my gall bladder attacks they were extremely painful to the point of doubling over. This sounds more like IBS. Keep us posted.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:05 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• It sounds like what I went through with gallstones. I'm glad you have a doctor's appointment, since black stools can also be a sign of blood in the digestive tract.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:46 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I would bet gall bladder as well.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I was going to suggest IBS. I think it affects women more than men, too.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Could be diverticulitis as well, but symptoms include fever.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:36 PM on Sep. 6, 2013