I have a crush on this guy from my school but IDK if he wants to date me?

I go to a secondary college to get certified in IT computer networking and this guy I've been talking to since January and I have been talking, going out to lunch and have been talking on the phone for some time. He's 35, outgoing, smart and funny and handsome and he has no kids and he's single. I'm 31, beautiful, funny, smart and single and I have a 5 year old daughter from my marriage with my late husband who was killed by a drunk driver 3 years ago. I've been secretly having a crush on him, but I don't know if he wants a woman who has a child. I'm afraid to even tell him how I really feel about him and he's my type of guy for me. I just don't want to destroy our friendship. Today he asked me if I want to go to a baseball game with him tomorrow and I said yes, since my daughter will be with her grandma this weekend. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in Relationships

• Take it easy. This guy can be a professional contact later on, so whether or not it becomes romantic, you don't want drama or to make things too uncomfortable between you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• That IS a date
    Take it slow,relax,play it cool and reserved

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• If he likes you. He will show you he does. Tell then leave him alone.

Answer by louise2 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• That is a date! Just play it cool, and if all possible keep conversations about your deceased husband at a minimum.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:02 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Just keep being a friend.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• If you've been talking this long he knows you have a kid,right?
    He asked you out anyway,right?
    Problem solved.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• I agree with the other ladies. Take it slow. Some of the best relationships start out as friends. Don't try to seduce him but don't act like you don't want to be with him. Find a middle ground. Don't focus so much on your crush; just focus on making your friendship stronger.

He knows you have a kid, right? Maybe bring up something cute she said or did and see what his reaction is. Just try not to bring her up too much. Does he like kids? Watch his reaction around kids.

Have fun at the game!
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• The best relationships start out as friendships and grow from there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:39 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Go to the baseball game
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:13 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• He knows you have a daughter and continues to try to date you. No worries, mama. You are worthy of love, and your daughter is not an obstacle to a good relationship with someone who will respect you and her.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 6, 2013