• In the Spotlight:

What do you take for pain?

I am in extreme pain right now and am not sure what to take. I have taken my homeopathic meds and they are not helping. I have also tried tramadol. I don't have anything stronger. What do you do for muscle and joint pain?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• Are you pregnant or anything? Wat KIND of extreme pain?
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my husband takes alieve and glucosamine for his joints, he has really bad knees and it works really well. even just taking the alieve alone works really well for my back which has been permanently injured for the last 14 years.

i have meds the doctors gave me and you cant get OTC and they are only used when i am in extreme pain where i cant move my body.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No, not pregnant. I can barely walk without crying. Pain in my legs and ankles. Fibromyalgia and mixed connective tissue disease.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• omg..yes I think I reember you telling me all this a couple days ago..hmmm...idk mama. Hang on...I'll go look, and see what I can find. Sheesh! Wish I could help you. Have you ever thought about Reki treatments? Ya'know...energy healing?
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• check this out.....this seems to be the best I've found so far but I'll keep looking.

http://www.healingwell.com/library/fibro/cheek2.asp
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Idk...I know that chamomile is an excellent anti-inflametory and so is Licorice root however you don't want ot use that if you have high blood pressure. Sarsaparilla might be good too for back pain, but if your on other meds I would ask your doc 1st. Other than all of that, if your not looking for something natural, try valuum...but be careful! That stuff is GOOOOOD and I wouldn't want ya to get addicted ;) Good luck susie! I'm sorry your in so much pain!
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 1:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thanks for trying. :) Just feeling sorry for myself right now.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:58 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• awwwww...that'sok. We're all allowed to do that every once in a while! I'm sure it's frustrating being in constant pain and there's nothing you can do about it. I hope to GOD I never have to experience that! I feel for ya! ;(
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• you really need to see your doctor. he can give you a mild pain killer or anti inflammitory medicine which isnt addicting or maybe even a muscle relaxer might help.
    michelle.

Answer by michelle. at 3:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Have you ever tried acupuncture ? I had Lyme Disease and horrible pain and it helped it . When my back aches I take a Skelaxin . With your DX your doctor should have no problem giving you a prescription .
    Briklin

Answer by Briklin at 3:22 AM on Feb. 19, 2009