You have to return a video... do you leave your kids in the car?

This actually happened in my neighborhood two days ago.

http://www.10news.com/news/confrontation-over-handicapped-parking-space-two-children-left-in-car-caught-on-video

A confrontation over a car parked in a handicapped space with two children left alone inside was captured on cellphone video and shared thousands of times on Facebook.

A woman was at a Temecula shopping center when she noticed a female shopper park her silver Mercedes in a handicapped parking space and leave to go inside a store.

The woman, shooting video on her cellphone, went to the Mercedes and saw that two children were by themselves in the backseat.

The shopper came out of the store, and that is when the woman began asking her if she was handicapped and why there were two children in the car in nearly 100-degree heat.

"Two babies? Wow, lady, you [have] some nerve!" the woman said. "Are you handicapped? Are you walking?"

"Yeah, there was another spot and another spot ... you know it's [expletive] 100 degrees outside ... you can shut the [expletive] up ...," the shopper said.

The shopper even waved and said "hi" at the cellphone before getting into her car.

"I'll tell the police, 'MYBLOND' (referring to the license plate) ... two children! 100 degree weather!" the woman said.

The woman who captured the incident posted the video on her Facebook page, and as of 2 p.m. Friday, it had more than 11,000 shares.

However, the video was removed just before 3 p.m.

Here is what the woman posted on her Facebook page regarding the incident:

It was over 100 degrees on the day this was taken. 

CBS2LA has been running excerpts of the video but haven't posted it as of this writing.

Asked by gdiamante at 9:18 PM on Sep. 6, 2013 in General Parenting

• To return it inside no never, I get him out of the car and into the store with me. If I can park right in front of the night drop box then I will go the few feet to the drop box and back to the car, with the keys in my hand.

If I can't park right in front he comes with me.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• If I'm going to the outside box I will pull to the curb right in front of the box and hop out, but if I'm going inside or there is someone else blocking the curb, I get my kids out and take them with.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• We get movies from the Redbox. If my son is with me when we return it and we have nothing else to get from the store he will return the movie. Back when we used Blockbuster he always went inside with me.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• No, never! if you do that in NY you'll get arrested.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:38 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• inside? no

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:31 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Not here as ILovemyPaulie says you will get arrested.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:33 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• Dumb. It has been crazy hot here, and people are still this stupid. If I had to go inside I'd NEVER leave my son alone, and in this heat even if I was jumping out to return a movie to Redbox I'd leave the air on, or windows down if I was pumping gas. So, so sad people think their children are ok to sit in the heat for a minute or two knowing damn well they'd never sit in it themselves.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• the block buster we used to go to had a drop off slot outside and I parked my car in the front spot (literally a foot from the front of my car was the slot, in that case yes. having to step more then 2 feet from my car or having to go inside... no way in hell. I wont even go in to pay for gas and leave my kids.. same goes for using ATMs or any other fast errands. I don't trust anyone!!
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:10 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• wwooww! I just watched the video.. and she was like super far from her car!!! I cant even imagine. I would've called the cops. those poor babies. I don't even leave my kids in the car if I forget something in my house and they are in the driveway. only time ive ever run back in is if the car doors are open and the car is parked inside my garage!! my husband thinks im crazy because I also have a fear of locking myself out of the car with them inside.. so after I pack the kids I never close their door until I open mine lol there always needs to be windows down or a secondary door open already.. maybe im crazy but my babies are safe lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:17 PM on Sep. 6, 2013

• No way! No matter what the weather. Our video place has an outside drop box. So I usually have 1 of the kids do that if they're with me. I would never leave children unattended in the car-ever! Anything could happen. And we read about it often enough, you have to wonder WTH people are still doing it?! Is it that much of an inconvenience that you would be willing to risk your child's life?! Some people are so dumb!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:44 AM on Sep. 7, 2013