How much should I really pay?

The kids at school like 5 friends decide to make t/shirts with their names on them.
I only knew about it bc of my dd10 was asking for $15.00 to help pay for her shirt.

Well today I get in contact with the main little girl's mother to ask her if she knew anything about the t/shirts, she says yes (because the little girl was constantly reminding my dd to bring her the money) so hear I wanted to double check if this was true and thinking ok fine $15.00 but let me ask the mom.

When she text back the mother tells me the shirts are $25.00. I'm like ok
So now from $15.00 to $25.00...ugh! I really don't want the shirt but these kids did this on their own and the girls mom helped I did not know anything. So I don't want to sound cheap or complaining I will just pay the $25.00. I just don't want to be the only one paying this much if everyone else is getting it for cheap. UGH!!! Things kids get us into :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Are the t-shirts stitched with gold thread? That seems pricey for t-shirts that kids made.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:09 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Stupid! Kids so don't get the whole money/item worth thing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:12 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Who is purchasing the shirts? The mom that you called and then you reimburse?
    Or, can you purchase a shirt for your daughter to have her put her name on it?

Have you asked the other moms what they're paying?
    25.00 does seem high for a shirt.
    I can go to the craft store, purchase a tee shirt for 5.00 and some puff paint for approximately the same amount.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:13 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Wow I feel like I could be getting screwed but like I said I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get it for cheaper.
    I just hope they look worth it :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• I'd be looking further into this. 25.00 is outrageous!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:23 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Have they already been made? If not, try to find a cheaper solution or find out where they were made and call them. Honestly, if they are being done professionally, that doesn't sound too outrageous.
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• But if the girls made the t-shirts themselves, then YES!! It doesn't cost over $200 for supplies! This mom is trying to make a profit!
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Too much money. Even our robotics club shirts weren't that expensive.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Oh how much should you really pay... Maybe $10.00. We charge each robotic club member $5.00 for theirs.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• I would definitely be cautioning my kid not to spend money like that again without consulting me first.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:31 PM on Sep. 7, 2013