Real or fake contractions?

I've been getting contractions, I'll get get like 3 close and then stop getting them for 15/20 minutes, & I'll get some again. I don't want to go to the hospital if its not the real thing. I heard if you walk & they get stronger they're real. Does anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• 37 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• With me, and when I thought it was braxton hicks, I would walk around, or change position, and they stopped. And if you are in labor, no matter if you walk, swim, lay in bed, the contractions will not ease. And the pressure will slowly increase. My OB told me if my contractions were 10 minutes or more, or five contractions in an hour. And the presure will increase. Mine felt like I was having menstrual cramps.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:41 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• i am not a OB, but it sounds like you may be labor. So pack the suitcase, and head for the hospital. And be prepared for little to no sleep for at least the 1 month! lol
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• If they were real contractions you would more than likely know it. They are continuous and get progressively more painful. ou may notice a bit of pink spotting. Try drinking a large glass of water and laying on your left side for ah hour or so. If they continue or get painful call you OB.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Those are Braxton hicks. Real contractions don't go away. They get longer and stronger regardless of what you do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:20 AM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Try drinking a glass of water and lying down on your left side to see if the contractions ease up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:13 PM on Sep. 7, 2013