My son used to eat a bigger variety of food..

and now he doesn't. he won't eat eggs anymore, grilled cheese, toast.. etc. is there a reason for this?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's usually just a phase. My older dd went through phases where all she would eat was hot dogs, another time it was just fruit and cheese.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• A lot of toddlers go through this...my daughter is a good eater but even she won't eat much from time to time. It's just a phase. As long as he's eating something healthy I wouldn't worry.
    lilmami20

Answer by lilmami20 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think it's normal my kids have done this from time to time. My 5 year old tells me that her taste buds have changed. So I just let it go for awhile and then try again. I usually say maybe you should try it you never know maybe your taste buds changed again. LOL. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. My son is on a carb kick lately all he will eat is cereal, bread, pancakes etc.. I can get fruit into him and sometimes veggies but he isn't interested in protine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• toddlers do go through this, my daughter has as well, and my step daughter would only eat spaghetti o's. as long as you keep trying to introduce all of the foods, and not just give them what they have a taste for, they will eventually move on. it is just another way of them feeling out their control and tastebuds! it takes alot of patience, but dont give up!
    earthymomma103

Answer by earthymomma103 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 19, 2009