How do I potty train my son, as far as number two in the potty?

He is 3 and he pee's in the potty just fine.Just can't get him to go #2.
Also when we're away from home, he won't use the potty at all.

Mycutelittleboy

Asked by Mycutelittleboy at 5:51 PM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You don't. If you ever figure out how to control someone else's bowels, let me know. It just takes time. I dump a pull up with #2 into the potty and explain that it belongs in the potty. It worked with one, but not the other. Make sure he's doing it well at home before using venturing out. Those public ones scared the heck out of my daughter with the automatic flushing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Potty training was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my life. Sounds shallow but true. Just be persistent & when you finally say "oh well, I hope he's potty trained by College" He'll surprise you! LOL! My Son sure did, just when I basically gave up on it with him. Good luck & stay tough! :)

Now I have to start my Daughter & she's more hard headed then my Son was.........
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:14 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• If he can understand you give him prizes like a sticker or piece of candy etc. for #1 and double the prize for #2
    greatmom1234567

Answer by greatmom1234567 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I had the same problem with my son. He finally got it when he was 3 years 9 months old and I sat him facing the bowl (saddle the bowl). Overall this method was the one that worked for him. I just wished I would have tried it earlier. Now he is 4 years 2 months of age he no longer needs to face the bowl and we are still working on the wiping himself after number 2.
    eperez18

Answer by eperez18 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2013

• I use treats or something they love as a prize, like my daughter loves baths, so when she pooped in the potty she gets a bubbly bath
    Patricia J.

Answer by Patricia J. at 5:21 PM on Sep. 23, 2013

• Encouragement and support
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 6:49 PM on Mar. 25, 2014