Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Weird bumps popping up all over my hands and now spreading to other places?

I kept getting weird bumps in sets of two on my fingers and they itched and hurt to high heaven...I assumed it was bug bites as the bugs are awful around here right now. Well, now my hands are covered in bumps...some big, some small, some look like blisters and others are clusters of little bumps and they don't all itch...some are completely pain and itch free. I now have some coming up on my neck. Some are starting to seep a little too.

Now my fiancé has started getting them on his arms and hands as well.

I recently decided against my better judgment (about a week ago) to pull some weeds in the front yard with my bare hands. I don't know if that could have anything to do with it.

We've checked the house for bugs because we thought maybe we had a bug problem but that's not the case either.

Any ideas?

Oh and the bumps are popping up randomly throughout the day..

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Health

Answers (13)
  • Could be poison ivy. Did it look like this:


    Answer by QuinnMae at 7:24 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • Allergies? Maybe try cortisone cream or Benadryl.

    Answer by Ballad at 7:25 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • Poison ivy was my first thought, especially with the blistering.

    Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • Here is how to treat the areas of your skin that are reacting.


    Answer by QuinnMae at 7:26 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • I was thinking poison ivy or oak as well. I got it on the back of my thighs when my DH was working in the yard & I sat in a chair after he did & I was wearing shorts.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:34 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • It took a few days for it to come up after I pulled the weeds though...I thought poison ivy/oak came up right away?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • DH had to pull some poison ivy from one of our plant beds and that thing was really invasive. It didn't come up easy and it came back a few times after that.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 7:39 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • Oh, I see. You mean the blisters. Not necessarily. If you look at the link on how to clean it off of your skin, if you washed with warm water then you opened the pores and probably a little of the plant's oils got in there.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 7:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • Thinking molluscum myself. Hard to say.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

  • 2autisticsmom - i think you might be on to something...i just read about it and looked at some pics and it seems like it can look different depending on where it's located and they can be itchy but aren't always.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.