I'm going back to school but for what?

I'm going to go back to school. I've narrowed it down to medical office administration or medical billing and coding. if i go for office administration it covers medical billing and coding, bookkeeping which I already have a certification in and basic office duties. I love working with computers, numbers and working with people but I can work by myself too. This sounds right up my ally but the rate of pay is lower just getting out of school than a medical billing and coder. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Money & Work

• I would go with medical office administration. It will give you a wider range of jobs. With billing and coding, you pretty much either already have a job at a medical office or have prior experience just to get your foot in the door.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:09 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Office Administration sounds like it would cover billing and coding along with other skills, which would make you more desirable as a job candidate. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:41 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• Adin
    you could still get a medical coding job with that since you are trained in that as well.

It is sort of like having a chef who can coke beef or a chef who can make beef, chicken, pork, fish of all kinds, birds of all kind and any vegetable and pasta sing. Which would you choose if you were hiring?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• Administration! And if you have signed up with a for-profit school, DON'T. Continue your education with a fully accredited community college or university.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:13 PM on Sep. 9, 2013