Syria..

has anyone seen the new video footage released by the white house.. supposedly shown to the senate last week in an attempt to get people wanting to do something...

I know we cant start another war and I know we have things to fix here at home.. but what happened over there isn't something that should be ignored. So many helpless innocent babies killed. I talked to my husband about it tonight and I guess he finally saw some of the pictures.. him and the guys he is away with were discussing how theyd like to go over, theyd like to do SOMETHING. its just hard to turn away from. He is supposed to deploy in February. but now there is talk of it getting bumped up to the week before Christmas.

and the location has changed to a place much closer to Syria. Normally id be bummed about him missing holidays as its the babys first as well as her bday coming up.. but honestly.. my husband being gone a few months is nothing compared to what people are going through over there right now..

what are your thoughts? have you taken a good look at photos or footage? what are your thought on the situation as a whole?

I guess my thing is that the people killed over there didn't choose their country anymore then I did. I was born and raised here.. I don't know anything else.. I was just lucky enough to have the family before me already here.. cant imagine being one of the unlucky ones on the other side of the world.

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 11:40 PM on Sep. 7, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• nnh, this has been going on for a very long time.
    The rebels that the U.S. wants to work with are the very same terrorists we've been fighting for the last 11 years.
    The rebels are horrible, mean individuals! Have you seen the video of them shooting victims in the back of the head, with their hands tied behind their backs, kneeling?
    This video was released in April!
    Nothing we do will help them in a positive way, but it hurts us big time!
    We can't continue to fight their war!
    I had one son who spent two tours in Iraq and my second son is now in the service.
    I do not believe fighting a war that has negative results all the way around!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:58 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• I think it's unfortunate for the people that have nothing to do with any of this crap to get caught up in it. I'm sure there are plenty of innocent victims there. The reason I am against going over there is that there are radicals on both sides. Either way, if we support either side then we are supporting terrorism. The rebels have been arrested with chemical weapons. They have access to them. I don't think there is any way we can be sure where the weapons that were used originated. Nothing like this is as it seems on the outside and because the resolution allows for "boots on the ground", there is a real possibility of more of our men and women being killed in a war we can't win. I hate that innocent people are being used as pawns, but there is no win in this situation.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:47 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• yes it is unfortunate that it is happening but when we have no real idea who is doing it and both sides are not great for the US(or the world) then it is hard.

I believe that if we go in and uproot the current government and support the rebels(who are largely alqueda) that we will have even larger problems in the future.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I completely agree with QM. I find the whole situation very sad for the innocent people who are trying to make a living and raise families in such unfortunate circumstances. I do feel lucky tohavebeen born and raised in Ameica. But I've written to my representatives in Congress urging them to do all they can to keep us out--for all the good my opinion will do.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on Sep. 7, 2013

• I understand completely how you feel! It just breaks my heart!
    But, it would kill me if I lost my son to these S.O.B.s and they continued to kill each other.

US going to Syria will not change who they are. If anything, we're just going to stir up the hornets nest and Iran, Iraq, Russia, China will all come after us!
    It sucks! But, we have zero support, aside from France but what can they do. Supply a few planes?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:24 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I know, my common sense tells me we just cant do anything. we need to stay away from this. but my heart hurts for them. As does my husbands.. I think its hard for him also because he joined wanting to stop these things from happening. I just wish theyd end it already over there. For as long as humans have existed there have been wars and I just wish theyd get their shit together over there already! wish I could just scoop up all the innocent people and get them out of there and leave the evil people to just kill eachother and end this crap! I see the pictures of these little boys in pain and think of my 4 year old.. and how helpless he is and what it would be like if I couldn't protect him. He had oral surgery this past month and I felt out of control and worried.. cant imagine living in a place where bombs are flying constantly and people are being killed left and right.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Sep. 8, 2013