When is the best time to start shopping for my son?

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first, so when is the best time to go shopping now that I know the sex of my baby?

soon2bmom770

Asked by soon2bmom770 at 2:56 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Isn't anyone throwing you a shower?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:25 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I agree with PGA, isn't anyone throwing you a shower?? Go start a registry though so if they do throw a shower for you they'll know what you like. I waited until I was eight months along to actually buy something. I picked out a few clothes to bring her home in and some diapers. Everything else was either given or bought after birth.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I agree with the other ladies.

Hopefully someone will be throwing you a baby shower, heck, you could even through one for yourself. Buy a few little things here and there. Start a registry and then AFTER the baby shower you can see what else you need and buy the rest.

Congrats on your little boy!
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• If you are going to do a lot of shopping, especially for bigger stuff like cribs and rocking chairs and the like, do it soon. You're in the golden part of your pregnancy now. Morning sickness is probably in the past, but you're not feeling like a beached whale yet, so getting out and around isn't exhausting. Don't wait till you are tired and crabby and uncomfortable in the last few weeks before the baby comes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2013