Marijuana Moms? adult content

I live in Colorado andl haven't smoked pot since my teens primarily because I'm a mom and it's always been illegal. Now that it's legal here (finally!) I have started back smoking it occasionally. Does anyone else out there smoke pot and how do you handle it with your kids? Do they know you smoke? Do you allow them to smoke? Just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 AM on Sep. 8, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I don't smoke. I used to smoke more grass them you could
    Cut though lol. I would-will probably start again after all of my kids leave the home.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:14 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I am pretty conservative so nope for me... although I love being near it at concerts :) It's on its way to being medically legal in my state and I am not even sure I'd be comfortable w/ that. People still judge and someone in an approved state w/ a valid card still had their kids taken away recently
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:51 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I used to love pot. And, sometimes I think that I'd love to smoke a big ole fatty on the weekends that my girls are with my ex. But, I don't because it is not legal in my state & if I ever were caught, my ex would use it as a way to gain custody of my girls. So just red wine for me occasionally when they are gone.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:42 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• IF it becomes legal, then we'll have that discussion.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:57 AM on Sep. 8, 2013

• While it is legal in my state(not federally) I haven't smoked. And haven't done so since my teen years. I have debated doing so to help with my pain from my medical conditions but I don't like the impairment it can come with, just as I am very careful about what meds I take because of impairment.

A friend recently had an incident where her child got into her meds(they were on top of the medicine cabinet and the girl found something to climb on to take them because she didn't want to miss school and the meds always made mommy better. The girl in the end was fine and CPS ruled it an accident but they are still now trying to say that this friend is to "doped up" from her meds to care for her children even though her doctors disagree. So even though her meds are all legal and all prescribed and closely monitored by her doctor and she is like me(never taking anything that makes her "doped up") she is still getting greif from CPS.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I don't smoke. It isn't legal here. Even if it were, I still wouldn't smoke it. If I were sick or had some kind of health issue where I could find relief from MJ, then I would consider it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I used to smoke all the time, then dh and I wanted to have a baby so I stopped. Haven't done it in almost 8 years. It's still illegal here. If it ever becomes legal, I might start it back, occasionally, but not all the time like I used to, and probably after my kids went to bed. Now, if it does become legal, and my kids want to try it when they are teens, I'll let them, in my house. But they have to be over 16...
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I smoked a ton before my son was born. In CA not only is it medically legal but it's pretty widely accepted. We were caught a couple times and all the cops did was take it and tell us to go home lol. If it were recreationally legal now I still don't think I'd partake. In retrospect it made me feel like crap. Super lazy, tired all the time, headaches in the morning. Not worth it anymore IMO.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2013

• I have a medical license so that I can use marijuana for chronic pain in my eyes that leads to migraines. My teenage stepson knows I use it--I can't smoke it because of my asthma, so I buy it in an edible form--but since it is a medicinal thing for me and not a recreational activity, I would not share any with him. He's not interested anyway. My five-year-old knows I take medicine because my eyes give me headaches, but she doesn't know what it's called or anything much about it. I only take enough to make a bad pain bearable, not to impair myself, and I never use marijuana to get a buzz for fun.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2013